Culinary Corner Video: Beef Chili with Cornbread Topping
With pro football's playoffs just a month or so away, here is an easy recipe that's sure to be a Super Big Hit at any tailgate party
League rules, enforced by a swarm of lawyers, prevent us from calling this what it really is, but if you want to please the crowd on February 5th, this recipe for beef chili with its own piece of cornbread baked right on top of it is a unique and delicious way to make your contribution is Super and memorable.
Here’s the recipe:
- Blount Beef Chili
- Corn Bread Batter (your own or from a mix)
- Shredded Cheese for garnish
- Begin with heated chili.
- Into baking dish, spoon warmed chili until 2/3rd full.
- Top with corn bread batter, leaving 1/2-inch clearance in dish.
- Top/garnish with shredded cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until golden brown (5-10 minutes depending on size of dish)